Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Sunday off in 2 months!

What a great feeling that is! Seriously, ever since I told my manager that I couldn't work during the week he has made me work every single Sunday and Saturday for 5-8 hours each day. I've got to say, It was nice getting to have a day off for once.

So Michelle, aka: My best friend, and I went shopping today to find me a homecoming dress. What a day! We drove all the way to Melbourne Square Mall to look for one and didn't find squat.

ugh.

So after the nastiest lunch of chicken tenders I've had in a while ( Thank you, Piccadilly) we headed up to the Avenues. On just a hunch we went into Ross, more so to look at shoes than anything else, when what did we find but...

A MILLION DRESSES, ALL IN MY (and her) SIZE!


It was a magical experience to say the least. So after a good hour and a half of asking her "What do you think about this one?" and "Do you like this one, or this one, better?" Oh, and you can't forget "Can you help me with the zipper? Its caught on the fabric." We finally found a beautiful, wavy little black dress with just a hint of skanky-ness that in essential to a homecoming dress.

To add to the excitement, I found some hooker shoes. The heel...yea, its about 5 inches. :D So sweet.

The best part? Guess how much I spent...

$100? Too high
$60? Still too high
$50? You're getting closer...

I got a dress and shoes for $38.25, I spent the day with my best friend, and we got milkshakes for the ride home. Today was the best day I've had in a while.

Just thought you, my reader, should know.



With much love,
Katie


Ps. If you can think of a catchy catch-phrase to end my blog with, I'd appreciate it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment