Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ode to Swine Flu

So it seems like I finally have gotten this God awful sickness. ugh. I look and feel like crap and I sound like a man. What more could I ask for? For the record though, its not really swine flu, at least not yet. Its like, baby flu - the fever. whatever, I'm still planning on going to marching band regardless of how I feel. Oh yea, and we have an away game Friday and All-State auditions on Saturday. Joy.

6:45am

So I woke up and can't speak.
My first instinct was "OMG I'm late for zero block". (Am I just the prime example of Band Geek or what?) Anyway, my second reaction was to actually try to speak. No such luck. I currently sound like a cross between a chipmunk and a manly-man. Its horrid to say the least. I called Heather and told her I was sick so she could find another ride and then I called Schwindt to let him know what was up.

"Hi Katie Hall"
(horrid voice) "Hi Mr.Schwindt, How are you?"
"Good, you sound awful. Stay home."
"Thanks...see you soon."

This is why Schwindt is my favorite. <3

So after my Mom gets home from work I find out that she has a dentist appointment and can't drive me to the doctor. Guess who went to the doctor by herself for the first time today?
It was kind of strange to be honest. Sitting in that waiting room all by myself with no one to talk to...(wait, who the hell am I fooling? I couldn't talk anyway...) Whatever.

Came home and took a 4 hour nap. ***Highlight of my day***


4:00 pm...

I hate my father.
I honestly do...he comes home today and is like, "I didn't get any fucking sleep last night, I'm going to bed" so here I am in my pjs feeling like absolute shit and he decides not to even check up on me. Thanks Daddy. Then on his way up to bed he says, "Order pizza by 5 so we can have it for dinner" Thats no so bad, I can do that, i'll just do it online so I don't have to talk to anyone, Or so I thought. Turns out the website was down so I had to call 411 and repeat myself to the operator 5 times that I was looking for the number to Pizzahut then spend 10mins on the phone with the pizza boy trying to help him understand what I wanted on the pizzas. >.< (Just for the record, my voice really is that bad)

So once the whole deal with the pizza is done, and Dad is still catching some Zs, my sibling decides to text me and let me know that she needs someone to pick her up from school.

Wonderful.

Here I am in my kitty pj pants, a sloppy shirt with soup stains on it from lunch and my hair pulled back in an un-brushed bun and I have to leave the house. Not only was I picking Meg up, but also her stupid little friend that I can't stand needed a ride home too. "Whatever" I thought "its not like anyone is going to see me, I'm just going to pick Megz up and drive home." WRONG. I saw like 10 people I know, all of which made a point to tell me today on facebook how horrible I looked today and that they hope I'm feeling better. I appreciate them caring, but I hate the fact that they got to see me looking like shit.

Once I got home I ate dinner with my family and proceeded to watch 2 hours of Dexter (best show ever) When Dad decided to be a jerk again. "Would you get off of your dead ass for once and help your sister with her spelling words? Jesus Christ Katie, look at all of these fucking dishes. Make sure those are done before your Mom gets home in the morning. Oh and since I know you'll be up anyway, Why don't you wash my uniform and and hang it up so I can sleep in for 20 extra minutes."

On the inside I just wanted to scream. "Off my dead ass? I've been sick as a dog all day! I drove myself to the doctor so mom could go to her dentist appointment, asshole! Oh and Help Erin? You're sitting right there! Why can't you do it? Oh yea, I know why. You're too fucking stupid to even read her words out loud. Come on Daddy, Lets sound it out. in-fer-i-or-ity, inferiority! GOOD JOB! The dishes, you want me to do the dishes? Ok sure, I'll do them the second you ask me like I'm a human being and not command me like i'm a fucking slave. Lastly, Asshole, Fuck you and your clothes. Its not my job to do your laundry because you're to wake up early." I mean, I'm not a selfish bitch that doesn't want to help my Dad; its the way he asked (excuse me, TOLD) me to do it.



I'm going to bed. Being sick makes me crabby.

Much Love,

Katie Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment